The numbers that are detailed below are the product of the repression exercised in a systematic way by the Venezuelan State against a specific group of citizens:
• 5,462 people were arbitrarily arrested for political purposes, from April 1 to November 30, 2017.
• 354 people were detained, for different reasons, by the closing date of this report, November 30, 2017.
• 311 of them are formally political prisoners.
• 12,007 people were arbitrarily detained from January 1, 2014, to November 30, 2017.
- • 7,113 people were criminally investigated and are subject to custodial measures of deprivation of liberty such as periodic presentation, house arrest, prohibition to testify in the media, among others, until November 30, 2017.